Welcome to the Light Cavalry
HACKS & LESSONS ON THE DOORSTEP OF WINDSOR GREAT PARK
We will be re-opening on Monday 1st June 2020
Please read below to see the changes we are bringing into place.
Due to not being able to use the indoor school as it is classed as an indoor activity we are unable to offer lessons at the moment but 1hr and 1.5hr hacks are still available.
Hacks are only for confident riders who can mount on their own and do their own stirrups and girths.
If you have not ridden with us before we will have limited availability for a 1hr staff escorted hack where a full assessment can be done outside to then allow you to hack on your own in the future.
There will be limits to what you can do on the hacks which we will let you know on the day of your ride.
To be able to open we are having to bring in some new rules -
1. The horses will be tacked up for you and handed to you and then taken off you when you have finished.
2. Please enter the yard by going past the hay barn and in between the skips by the fire pit. DO NOT go through the polo yards or the alley way.
3. Please do not go in the tack room or any of the stables and only one person at a time in the office.
4. There will be hand gel available which we ask you to use before receiving your horse and after, the staff will wear masks whilst supporting riders are on the yard.
5. Only come to the yard if you are booked to ride and NOT showing any signs of covid-19. A full list of symptoms can be found on line.
6. Each rider must have all their own equipment, we will not be lending hats, boots, gloves or whips at this moment in time.
7. Card payments only.
All shows at the moment are on hold and as we said at the beginning this is all subject to change at any moment.
We look forward to seeing you and please do let me know if there is anything else we can do to make you feel safer whilst with us.
The Light Cavalry was originally formed in 1861, then later absorbed into the Horse Artillery element of the Honourable Artillery Company (HAC) in 1891. Today the Light Cavalry operate as a non-profit organisation offering hacks and lessons on our forward going military parade horses.
Our riding and coaching facilities are open to adults, affiliated schools and clubs. As an individual you can join the Supporting Riders Club where you can learn to ride in our full sized indoor arena, hack in Windsor Great Park and be part of our great social activities.
For information on the military side of the Light Cavalry please follow the link below
Monday 9.00am - 8.30pm
Tuesday 9.00am - 9.00pm
Wednesday 9.00am - 4.30pm
Thursday 9.00am - 9.30pm
Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm
Saturday 9.00am - 4.30pm
Sunday 9.00am - 4.30pm
Staff lunch hour 12.00pm - 1.00pm